I want to be a Michiganary (week ummm 23 maybe?)

 

Hey guys! Long time no see!

So long story short, I am a missionary again and I am here in Lansing! I flew out of Idaho falls last Monday at lame 6:30am. And then I got into Michigan around 9ish. I had a 5 hour layover in Chicago but I had some other missionaries to hang out with so it wasn't too bad. They sent us to a hotel Monday night and I met President Heap and his wife along with the AP's. And that was cool. I shacked up with Elder Walker that night, he had been reassigned from Cancun. He was a cool guy. And then my new companions picked me up at the hotel Tuesday morning and now I'm in my new area.

I'm in a trio with my companions Elder Leavitt and Elder Perkes. They're both super cool and we have a lot of fun. They are both from Washington but elder Perkes has moved around a lot. Hes spent time in Germany before. He was called to serve in colombia. He served for around 4 months and was sent home and is now here in Lansing. And Elder Leavitt was called to Japan. He went to the MTC in February and was sent out midway through to Lansing. So he has been here ever since and is technically the senior companion. Although he is only going to be done a month before me and I'm the oldest 😳. But we work really well together. We do runs every other morning and do some workouts too so they are keeping me fit. 

We are still here in Lansing, but we are in the Meridian area. It's a pretty awesome place. We haven't gotten out much to be able to see a lot of things, but michigan is super pretty. The people here are nice. We are like 15 minutes from the Michigan State campus.

We do a lot of Facebook finding mostly. We can't proselyte. We have been trying to contact members in the ward and set up get to know you appointments to try and get some referrals. Things are moving pretty slowly but we are working hard to find people to teach. On facebook, I will request to friend a lot of people here in Lansing. 90 percent of them won't accept. The 10 percent that does, i will reach out to them on messenger. I will introduce myself, and offer to help them or pray for them or answer any questions they have. And most people will then leave me on read. But a very select amount of people will respond. I think I maybe had 4 or 5 responses this week. I was able to share a spiritual message with 2 or 3 of them, and was able to pray for the families of a few too. But I did message a guy named Michael. I found out that he was actually a member, but a new convert he was baptized last April. But he is a super cool guy and we were able to set up a lesson with him for tomorrow so that was awesome! Of the hundreds of people I request to follow, I know that the lord will direct me to those people who he has prepared.

But things here are pretty great. We taught our first lesson last night to the Donnelly family and they are amazing! The Spirit was felt so strongly during the lesson and we really made an impact on them. As a companionship we were able to bond really nice over the great lesson. We will teach them again next Sunday. They are a lot like the young Joseph Smith. They are investigating a lot of different churches but the Mother seems super interested. Her name is Kelle. They have a 22 year old son skylar, a 17 year old daughter Bella, and a 12 or 13 year old son jasper. 

Yesterday I was able to go to in person church for the first time since March, the week before my farewell! So that was awesome! I just felt super grateful to be here and have the opportunity to be a missionary here in Michigan. I love this work and I have been having a great time.

We had a guest speaker for our mission devotional yesterday and he was Cinco Paul. He was the screenwriter for all the despicable me movies and some others like the secret life of pets. He is a good friend of sister heap's. And he is an amazing guy. I loved hearing from him. He sang us a really cool song about the Book of Mormon, and was just overall amazing.

But today we did a bunch of shopping and stuff. But its been wonderful here. I'm so happy for the opportunity to finally be a missionary. I am so blessed to be here. I can feel the spirit like crazy and I love this work. But anyway, I'll talk to you guys again next week!

Peace out

- Elder Ozzy (thats what elder Perkes calls me)


Eating at Stake and Shake for the first time


The area missionaries with Sister Stahle and Sister Ekins
Chick fil a (looks like they are eating well.....)

"The Boys"

It rained one day and it was cool

Some stuff me and Elder Leavitt made



Hamburger samich


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snowman Miracles (week 19)

Sprint Week Vol. III, Featuring the Craziest Day of My Mission so Far (Week 25)

MTC at Home