Antiques and Amazing Family History Discoveries (Week 22)

Hello everyone! It has been another good week here in Michigan!

We have some new people that we are teaching! Some truly amazing individuals and I am so grateful for the opportunity to meet with them and for all they do. 

On Saturday we celebrated Elder Johnston's birthday and it was awesome! Me and Elder Anderson made him some breakfast, I baked him a cake and we went for a late night Bdubs run. It was awesome! 

Lately I've been trying some new things! The first is a thing they call reading. I haven't read a book that isn't scripture in years now! But this week I read "Accomplishing the Impossible" by President Nelson and it is so good! Another thing I've been doing lately is taking some time for family history. Almost coincidentally, I found that I had ancestors buried right here in Grand Rapids Michigan! I have even found out where the grave sites are for two of them and am hoping to visit them sometime soon! Who would've thought that I would have been reassigned to Michigan, and transferred to Grand Rapids right as soon as I'm getting into family history. That was really cool. I have also learned some amazing things about my family that I didn't know before which has been really cool. 

This week we also visited downtown Grand Rapids and went to a really cool antique shop. It is inside of an abandoned warehouse and it has so much stuff in it! Just walking through the store is an an experience in and of itself! 

We also had zone conference on Wednesday and interviews with President on Thursday and they were really good!

Things are going really well here in Grand Valley! We have the opportunity to serve in a really amazing ward with some amazing people.

Thank you all!

Elder Oswald 

Downtown Grand Rapids


The antique shop!!





Elder Johnston's birthday cake


We live 9 minutes away from one of the cemeteries!


The good old Oswald family crest













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sprint Week Vol. III, Featuring the Craziest Day of My Mission so Far (Week 25)

Snowman Miracles (week 19)

Good eats and good news 👀 (Week 26)